Propose an event
This page allows you to submit an event to the Agenda du libre du Québec. The event will not automatically appear in the agenda, it will first be validated by a moderator. A message will be sent to the contact email address given below when the event has been moderated.
- The event must be about what is free: free software, hardware, knowledge, culture; free/open standards, norms, formats, protocols; the liberating/opening of data of public interest; the protection of personal data, respect of privacy, net neutrality; digital commons; in general: rights, freedoms and social equality in digital society.
- The text of the events must be written in French. Other languages can be used in addition to French in the description of your event.
- Feel free to insert an image or poster of your event.
- The description of the event should not sound like shameless advertisement for your company, project or software. The tone of a press release, for example, is not appropriate for the Agenda du libre du Québec.
- Professional events are accepted as long as they are accessible and open to all. Paid events are accepted if the entrance fee does not restrict the event to a professional audience.
- You can add your organization to the directory of organizations, so it will have its own page with all its events, future and past.
- For recurring events, in the absence of a technical repetition mechanism, you can duplicate an already published event (a link is available on the right-side of the event page)
The moderation team reserves the right to modify the event description to make it more complete, more readable or more attractive.
If you often submit a regular event in the Agenda du libre du Québec, you can automate this procedure using a script that we propose.